Helping to Navigate Disclosure
‘Scotland Works for You’ a collaborative group initiated in early 2017 with the aim of securing opportunities for people with convictions to lead positive, healthy lives that contribute to society.
The initiative also aims to reduce both the stigma of having a conviction and the barriers to integration, through employment and education for individuals with convictions.
In collaboration with Stirling Community Planning Partnership, ‘Scotland Works for You’ is hosting two Stirling focused sessions for those who support people with criminal convictions to:
- Better understand disclosure and how it works
- Raise awareness about perceived and real barriers that exist for people with an offending background
- Understand how Disclosure Information can be used when assessing risk in recruitment
- Increase knowledge of tools to help individuals with effective disclosure
By the end of this session attendees will be able to:
- Identify the circumstances disclosure is required, parameters of what to disclose, when to disclose and how to disclose convictions.
- Support individuals with convictions to navigate and overcome obstacles, whether actual or perceived, in relation to training, recruitment or volunteering opportunities.
If yourself or someone would like to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org